Don’t expect anything surprises here, this is simply my go-to recipe for a beetroot salad. It is particularly delicious with small beet, but bigger ones can also do. Try mixing red and golden beet for a impressively colourful result.
1. Steam some beetroots until they can be easily pierced with a knife (20 to 40 minutes depending on their size).
2. Once cooked immerse the beet in cold water and peel them using your fingers. Diced the peeled beetroots.
3. Cut one or two apple in dices and combine to the beetroots.
4. In a container mix some dijon style grain mustard with white wine vinegar (around 2 tbs of vinegar for every tbs of mustard). Add a drizzle of olive oil and a bit of sea salt and beat together.
5. Add some of the sauce to the beetroots and apples et mix to coat all the pieces.
6. Add a few pieces of ripe avocado on the top (optional)
That’s it, enjoy